Sat, 25 August 2012
Segment 1: Shuster – Political round up
HOUR 2 Segment 1: 1:00 Charlie Mitchell – Romney energy plan
Sat, 18 August 2012
1. Shuster on 2012 presidential elections
2. Marans & Shuster on difference between Ryan's proposed Medicare cuts & Obama's Medicare savings in the Affordable Care Act
3. Ian Millhiser (@imillhiser), Senior Constitutional Policy Expert, Center for American Progress, on Arizona's crackdown on its own legal medical pot
4. Cliff Schecter (@Cliffschecter), co-owner, We Act Radio on Ryan pick and latest shooting in Texas.
1-2. Charlie Mitchell (@cfmtan), Editor-in-Chief, TAN, welfare reform, Romney claim that Obama loosened the work requirement, and the ongoing sags of Darrell Issa pursuing Eric Holder
3. David Frum (@davidfrum), contributing editor at Newsweek and The Daily Beast and a CNN contributor, on Ryan VP pick and the themes in his book Patriots
4. Frum debates Ryan VP pick with Francesca Chambers (@fran_chambers), Editor of Red Alert Politics - she likes Ryan pick, Frum not so much
1. Ben Barnett (@PoliticiansTV) on PA Voter ID laws, votespa.com and covering the 2000 DNC as one of the first online reporting teams
2-3. Activist of the Week: Bill McKibben (@billmckibben) is the author of over a dozen books, including most recently, Eaarth: Making a Life on a Tough New Planet about the ongoing impact of climate change, the Schumann Distinguished Scholar at Middlebury College, and founder of 350.org. McKibben led protests against Keystone XL and fracking.
4. How do I do that? with Daniel Marans
Sat, 11 August 2012
Rick Smith, host of the Rick Smith Show live from the AFL-CIO's "Workers Stand for America" rally in Philadelphia.
Cliff Schecter of We Act Radio on Paul Ryan Veep pick.
Charlie Mitchell, TAN Editor-in-Chief on Ryan's record in Congress.
Allison Kilkenny, co-host of the progressive political podcast Citizen Radio (wearecitizenradio.com) and independent journalist who blogs at allisonkilkenny.com, on what RYan pick means for the class war and protests across the world against austerity.
Activist of the Week: Elsa Caballero is the SEIU Local 1 Texas State Director, on the raise she helped negotiate for striking janitors in Houston who make $9,000/year for their work, including many in the JP Morgan Chase tower. Leader of "Call me, Jamie" campaign to get Jamie Dimon's attention.
Alan Rosenblatt on Veep pick on Twitter.
Elizabeth McElroy, Secretary-Treasurer of Philadelphia Central Labor Council, live from the AFL-CIO's "Workers Stand for America" rally in Philadelphia. What is state of labor in Philly & PA?
How Do I Do That: How do I estimate what my Social Security benefits would be? Social Security's 77th birthday on August 14.
Sat, 4 August 2012